Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I feel off the roof, mom."

At our house the first day of Christmas starts the day after Thanksgiving. I go shopping and then we set up the tree and other decorations. In the past John is home and helps me, but he had to work so it took me all day to get things decorated.
We watched Santa Clause, the Tim Allen movie with the kids. We watched it because Will was worried how Santa was going to get in our house because we don't have a fireplace. In the movie there is the scene where Santa is sucked down the dryer vent and a fireplace appears out of nowhere in the living room. Very cool for a four year old. Anyways in the movie in one of the scenes a little girl gets to sleep in her living room and wait for Santa to come. Will wanted to sleep on the couch last night. I thought that he just wanted to look at the Christmas tree or something. Well, he wouldn't go to sleep until I figured out that he was waiting up for Santa to come. As soon as I figured this out I told him that Santa was not coming until Christmas Eve and then a minute later he was asleep. And then about five minutes later I heard this big thump - Will had fallen off the couch. I went over there to help him up and in his sleep he said, "I fell off the roof, mom." He must of been having a dream about the movie, because in it Santa falls off Scott Calvin's roof.
I love Christmas time.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love the Santa Claus. I can't wait to see Will in person.

Hollie said...

Kristal: I found your blog and your little family is so cute. It is fun to see what you have been up to. my blog is ourhobbyfarm.blogspot.com
Hollie Christiansen (Bronson)