Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"This local call..."

"This local call now requires 10 digits...please redial using the correct area code." Holy Crap how many times have I heard this since Monday morning? Enough times that I should remember by now that I need to dial 801 before calling my mom or sister who live in the same town.

I guess that I am just a complainer. But just last week John and I were teaching Will our phone number. For a 5 year old 10 digits is a lot more than 7. And I mean a lot.

Anyone else have the same feelings?

4 comments:

Racheal said...

I didn't think about teaching your kids to dial 10 digits. Man that is a pain.

Andrea said...

Yeah, it's harder to teach when you include the area code. In Chicago there were three area codes and in our ward now there are two area codes. So I don't really think about it anymore. You'll get used to it too.

Brandan & Haylie said...

I HATE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

It may take me months to get used to this!! I remember when I was really young and we went to my grandparents house and in their small town you only had to dial the last 4 digits to get a local call through. So much for the good old days! I hope you guys are doing good, things are good here. See ya. Dondy