Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jason's swollen baby hand


Jason got a staph infection in his hand. We noticed that it was swollen on Sunday night, but we thought that he got bit by some kind of bug. During the night I thought that he had broken his hand. By the time we went to the doctors on Monday morning it was starting to get red and bigger. The Dr. said that he had a staph infection, and that she didn't know how he got it. Usually with staph infections someone might have a cut or some kind of wound that would become infected, but Jason didn't have anything like that on his hand. He got a shot in the Dr. office and just now it is starting to look a lot better. Today he is crawling and using his hand to pick up Cheerios. Hopefully by the end of the week he will be all better.

7 comments:

Carrie and Jeff said...

His poor little hand. That is so strange that they don't know how he got it. It looks like you dipped his hand in really hot water. I know you'd never do that. I just looks like it hurts.

Clark Fam said...

Oh, my gosh. it looks tons worse in the picture tahn you described it on the phone!!

Anonymous said...

OUCH! Poor little guy! Does John really want to see the Twilight movie? Taylor is dreading it. He might be a little more willing to go if he knows that John will be there. I am going to an opening night midnight showing with some girls from work because I am a nerd. That would be a fun double date! Let's pencil it in. Let me know if you want to go on opening weekend or if you want to wait a while. We can chat about it later. Dondy

Andrea said...

Wow! That looks pretty bad. Hope it gets better fast.

Unknown said...

Poor little Jason, I know how a staph infection is, I had one when I had my total hip on my left leg. I hope he gets better, and he will be in my prayers.

Brittany said...

Poor Jason, I am glad to hear he is doing better! Your hair is so cute short! I think that was a great idea to go on trax! We love the gateway! It is such a fun place to just play, walk around, and play in the fountains! (It's is really great during the HOT summer!)

Melat Atsbeha said...

My baby girl's hands also looks like this,but the doctor said it could be an allergy.After a day the swollen part burst and the upper part exfoliated.
What could it be?